Ukrainian Support Teacher
|Salary:||£39,368- £42,333 (U1-U3)|
|Location:||St. David's Park|
|Job Type:||Temporary - Term Time Only|
|Vacancy Group:||Education & Children|
|Category:||***INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY***|
0.4 FTE temporary post until 31/03/2023 due to grant funding.
The Minority Ethnic Achievement Service (MEAS) is seeking a confident and motivated individual who is fluent in Ukrainian and who will support newly arrived refugee children in schools throughout Carmarthenshire.
We are seeking to appoint a Ukrainian Support Teacher to work as part of the MEAS Team, contributing to the planning, delivery and evaluation of the learning of pupils for whom English/Welsh is an Additional Language. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the class/subject teacher/MEAS team to support bilingually individuals and groups of pupils to enable access to learning.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be able to support all age groups (3-19)
• Be able to support individual or small groups of pupils on a one to one basis
• Be a Qualified Teacher
• Have an awareness of EAL pedagogy
• Demonstrate ability to speak, read and write Ukrainian fluently
• Demonstrate ability to speak, read and write English and Welsh fluently
• Be able to act as a good link between parents and teachers
• Be able to travel
You will need a basic knowledge of Welsh. Support can be provided on appointment to reach this level.
For an informal discussion please contact Victoria Owens at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be requested for this post.
Please click on the link in the Downloads box below to view a copy of the Job Profile.
You will need to sign in to your account before clicking on Apply for this post.
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Are you currently employed by Carmarthenshire County Council?