Senior Swimming Teacher
|Salary:||£22,438 - £23,263 (Grade D) inclusive|
|Location:||Carmarthen Leisure Centre|
|Job Type:||Permanent - Part Time|
|Category:||Sports & Leisure|
Part Time 15 hours per week
Carmarthenshire County Council's Sport & Leisure Section's ambition is to get more people, more active more often making Carmarthenshire a place:
• That is the most active and healthy in the UK.
• Where every person is an active participant at a ‘community club’ or ‘Leisure Facility’
• Where every child is hooked on physical activity for life
We are committed to having a positive impact on people’s health, fitness, physical literacy as well as providing facilities, opportunities and services that people enjoy and would recommend.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated and energetic individual to join our team of Senior Swimming Teachers to work within the wider aquatics team in Carmarthen Leisure Centre.
Candidates must have excellent interaction skills and work well in a demanding work environment. Candidates should also be qualified to Level 2 Swimming Teacher standard.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Supporting the day to day running of the swimming lesson programme within Carmarthenshire County Council leisure facilities, ensuring the highest standards of delivery and customer care are met at all times
• Supervising and supporting a team of Swimming Teachers to improve the quality of customer experience for all ages and all ability levels including the planning, teaching, learning and assessment within the centre
• Supporting the efficient flow-through and progression of participants within the aquatic programme
• Encouraging a culture of reflection to help inform future planning
A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be requested for this post.
You will need a good level of conversational Welsh. Reasonable support can be provided on appointment to reach this level.
For an informal discussion please contact Sharon Owens - ShOwens@carmarthenshire.gov.uk
Please click on the link in the Downloads box below to view a copy of the Job Profile.
You will need to sign into your account before clicking on Apply for this post.
|Contact Name:||Sharon Owens|