Nursery Class Teacher with 0.5 ALNCo - Stebonheath School
|Salary:||£29,278 - £45,085 (MPS2 - UPS3) with £3802.50 (|
|Location:||Stebonheath CP, Marble Hall Rd, Llanelli|
|Job Type:||Permanent - Full Time|
|Vacancy Group:||Primary Schools|
The Head Teacher and Governors are seeking to appoint a dynamic and innovative teacher to work in our Nursery Class. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
• the skills of an excellent classroom practitioner with high expectations of children’s behaviour, achievement, progress and wellbeing
• an excellent understanding of the new curriculum and progression
• experience of planning and implementing the curriculum through contexts for learning
• an understanding of assessment in learning and how to implement in the classroom
• a commitment to developing innovative and reflective approaches to learning and teaching.
Additionally, the candidate is required to share the ALNCo role within the school with the existing ALNCo on a 0.5 basis and is expected to:
• Oversee the day-to-day operation of the school’s policy on ALN
• Contribute to the development and implementation of appropriate ALN procedures and systems within the school with a view to improved outcomes for learners with ALN.
• Provide professional support to all staff.
• Ensure IDPs are developed and reviewed appropriately in line with the Person-Centred Practice ethos
• Oversee liaison with the child & child’s parent to ensure they understand the learner’s needs and how they are met.
• Act as the key point of contact with the relevant local authority’s inclusion and support services & external agencies,
• Keep up to date on the latest guidance and support available for ALN
• Work strategically with the Head Teacher, Leadership Team and Governors to ensure the education setting is meeting its responsibilities under the ALNET (2018) Act.
• Enhance their own professional development by liaising with the local network of ALNCOs.
If you are a teacher with these qualities, attributes and skills we offer you:
• a high achieving school where the motto is “Enjoy, Learn, Succeed’
• a wide range of exciting school initiatives
• an opportunity to work in partnership with a motivated and conscientious team of teachers and teaching assistants who fully embrace and enthusiastically support a skills based curriculum
• supportive Governors and parents
• motivated, confident pupils who are gaining independence in their learning
The successful applicant will need to be registered with the Education Workforce Council for Wales before appointment.
A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be requested for this post.
You will need a basic knowledge of Welsh. Reasonable support can be provided on appointment to reach this level.
For an informal discussion please contact Julian Littler – Head Teacher on 01554758603 / LittlerJ4@hwbcymru.net
Please click on the link in the Downloads box below to view a copy of the Job Profile.
You will need to sign into your account before clicking on Apply for this post.
|Contact Name:||Julian Littler|