Welcome to Hartlepool Borough Council
1. About Us
1.2 If you have any questions about your personal information, please click on 'Contact Us' at the bottom of the page and follow the instructions.
2. Use of the Website and Online Courses and Content
3. Collection of Information
3.1 When you access the Website for any means, we may collect, store and use your personal information in line with this policy. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website or the Online Content.
3.2 To register on the Website, we ask for your name and email address. You may also specify which organisation, if any, that you work for. As part of your Talent profile you may also provide further personal details such as location and employment history. When you make an application we will also collect and process further details relevant to the recruitment process. If you contact us, we may also keep a record of that correspondence.
3.3 We may also collect data relating to your visits to the Website that cannot identify you but records your use of our Website and Online Content including, for example, details of how long you have used the Website for.
3.6 Finally, we will receive information about you from third parties (such as employers references) who are requested to disclose that information as part of the recruitment process.
4. Use of Your Information
4.1 When you access the Website for any means, you agree that your personal information may be collected, stored and used by us for any of the following purposes:
(a) to provide, maintain, protect and improve the quality of the Website and the Online Vacancies and Content we offer, including by conducting anonymised market research, and to protect us and our users;
(b) to provide you with a personalised browsing experience when using the Website;
(c) to fulfil any contractual agreements between you and us;
(d) to tailor our advertising on social media to your use of the Website;
(e) to manage your Jobseeker account that you hold with us;
(f) to allow you to use the full range of features on or via our Website;
(g) to comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
(h) to allow advertising organisations that provide Online Vacancy Listings or Content to perform market research (as more fully set out in paragraph 12 below); and
5. Storage of Information
5.1 All information is stored on our secure servers. When you register, we will ask you to choose a password which enables you to access the Online Content. You are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share this password with anyone.
6. Legal Basis for Processing Your Information
6.1 Our, legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
6.2 However, we will normally collect personal information from you only (i) where we have your consent to do so, (ii) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or (iii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
6.3 If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as the possible consequences if you do not provide your information).
6.4 Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests, we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
7. Disclosure of Your Information
7.1 We may disclose your personal information to third parties when permitted by law including:
(a) with your consent;
(b) to our suppliers in order for them to help us provide our services to you, this includes:
- our provider of file storage and management services if you email us directly;
- our customer service software if you contact our support team; and
- providers of assessments and marking services when you submit an application form where our recruitment process includes external assessments.
These suppliers’ use of your personal data may be subject to their own privacy policies, which are available on their websites, and which we suggest you familiarise yourself with in the relevant circumstances set out above.
(e) if we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
8. Data Retention
8.1 We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
8.2 When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
9. Your Rights
9.1 You have the following data protection rights:
- You can edit your personal details via your profile page whenever you wish. We maintain a procedure in order to help you confirm that your personal information remains correct and up-to-date or choose whether or not you wish to receive material from us or some of our partners.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by clicking on the 'Contact Us' page and following the instructions.
- You may also update your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting the 'Edit User Profile' page. You may also email us at workforce.support@Hartlepool.gov.uk in order to access, correct, delete or update your personal information on our systems. We will answer every email as promptly as possible.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information on the basis of your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- In order to withdraw your consent for the processing of your application please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here.)
- The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
10. We strongly believe in protecting the privacy of children. In line with this belief, we do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of the Website is directed to persons under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Website at any time or in any manner. We will take appropriate steps to delete any personal information of persons less than 13 years of age.
11.2 For more information about cookies, including further details as to what they are and how to refuse them, please see our Cookies Policy.
12.1 We carry out research to ensure we are providing the best jobseeker engagement across the population.
12.2 Research will always be conducted using information which has had identifiable details expunged from the data being looked at.
12.3 Data we would use in this research encompasses Equal Opportunities information, where you saw a vacancy and, on occasion, general geographical details such as the first section of a postcode (NE1 for example).
13.2 If at any point we wish to use personally-identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time it was collected, we will notify users by way of an email. Users will have a choice as to whether or not we use their information in this different manner.
14. Contacting Hartlepool Borough Council
Hartlepool Borough Council
FAO: Data Protection Officer
Hartlepool Borough Council (HBC) makes every effort to maintain the accuracy of the information on this website but cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage which may occur from use of the information. Your use of any information or materials on this website is therefore at your own risk.
HBC does not provide quality control of external links and has no responsibility for the content of such linked sites. The inclusion of any third party's name within these pages should not be construed as a recommendation of that party's products and / or services.
Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use is subject to English law
Data Protection Act 2018 - Consent & Certification of Details
The personal data you provide on this form will only be used for the purpose of applying for a vacancy and for related recruitment purposes. It may also be used for statistical purposes and in particular our integrated equalities policy. The data will be stored on computer and/or manual files.
Application forms for unsuccessful candidates will be kept live for 6 months following an appointment to the job and then destroyed. Giving false information may, result in your application not being pursued or your contract being terminated if you have already been appointed to the job.
Your Personal details will not be disclosed to any other organisations without your consent, except where there is a statutory duty on HBC to disclose or unless it is affiliated to HBC.
By submitting an Online Application Form you are confirming your consent to allow the us to record and process the information detailed in your application form. You are also confirming that the information contained within your application form is correct.
We are under a duty to protect the public funds we administer, and to this end may use the information you have provided on this form for the prevention and detection of fraud. It may also share this information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for these purposes.
Terms and Conditions
This website is provided by NGA Human Resources. Unless otherwise stated, all material on the site is subject to copyright protection. Although we have no objection to you using material on this site for personal or educational use or private research, we do not authorise your use of any material for commercial purposes unless you have permission in writing from Hartlepool Borough Council. Any use of material must contain an acknowledgement. We aim to make sure that the information available on this website is accurate, but it has no control over and does not endorse the content of any linked websites. We do not accept any responsibility arising from reliance on any such information and, in using this website, you agree that Hartlepool Borough Council is responsible for any warranty or representation, express or implied, completeness or appropriateness for a particular purpose of any information accessed. We reserve the right to remove or alter any information without warning.
You can access our homepage and browse our site without disclosing your personal data collected by cookies that we use. Who may process your personal information? Your personal information (which includes your name, address and any other details you choose to provide to us which identify you) may be processed for the purposes of recruitment and job application, both by us, and any contracted third party organisations. Information will only be shared with third party organisations should you give your express permission. Examples of third party organisations include providers of psychometric testing services. Processing your information as mentioned above will be done in accordance with our privacy notice, and in compliance with data protection legislation.
These pages, unless otherwise stated, are copyright and protected under national laws and international treaties worldwide. All rights reserved.
This website links to external websites which will open in a new browser window. We are not responsible for the content of these sites.
We would like to make our website available to you all of the time. Unfortunately there are a number of reasons which sometimes mean that we are not able to achieve this, but our target is to have our site available for use 99.5% of the time.