Assistant Care Manager
|Salary:||£23,254 per annum|
|Job Type:||Full Time Permanent|
|Vacancy Group:||Extra Care Operations|
|Category:||Housing and/or Care Scheme Management|
Assistant Care Manager
Location: Meadowfields, Chapel Street, Thirsk - YO7 1TH
Full time, 35 hours per week
£23,254 per annum
Are you looking for your next career move?
Do you want to join a growing organisation?
Do you want to be part of a successful team?
If this person is you, please read on:
This is a great time to join Housing 21 as we have significant growth plans over the next 5 years which will enhance our customer experience.
With 118 Extra Care schemes and schemes planned to be developed over the next 5 years, Housing 21 is continuing to grow.
Extra Care supports older people to live independently in their own home, in purpose built apartments or bungalows in a community setting, with access to on site care and support services tailored to their own needs.
As an Assistant Care Manager you will provide a high quality and CQC compliant care service to residents within the Extra Care environment ensuring care workers are appropriately recruited, supervised and retained.
Main responsibilities of the job include:
• Carrying out assessment of new or existing residents. Ensuring all allocated residents have a comprehensive care plan in place
• Being responsible for the management and performance of care staff by providing induction, line management, supervision and support to a defined number of care workers
• Support the management team with all aspects of team management including but not limited to: recruitment, staff induction, training and disciplinaryprocedures and sickness absence
• Contributing to the services quality assurance system by way of auditing, conducting observations and responding to residents feedback
• Preparing rota’s in line with commissioned care hours
• Acting as the responsible person for the safe running of the care service in the absence of the Registered Manager
Shift pattern does involve some weekend working and the need to be flexible to meet the needs of the service.
The successful candidate will need:
• A good understanding of CQC regulation and how to apply these in practice (Essential)
• Supervisory experience (Essential)
• Demonstrable, hands on experience in delivering care to adults (Essential)
• Developing and reviewing care plans in line with people’s needs and preferences (Essential)
• Experience of organising staff rotas and scheduling of care calls (Essential)
In return we will offer:
• Induction pathway and training
• Career progression
• 35 hours full time equivalent working week
• 25 days annual leave + bank holidays (However, would still need to work on bank holidays as required)
• Pension scheme
• Income protection
• Life Cover
• Salary Sacrifice Schemes – Childcare vouchers, Cycle to work, holiday purchase and Car leasing scheme
Closing date: 13th December 2020