|Salary:||£29,000 per annum|
|Location:||Oldham Management Service|
|Job Type:||Full Time Permanent|
|Vacancy Group:||Oldham PFI Operations|
Location: Chambers Business Centre, Chapel Road, Oldham, OL8 4QQ
Full Time, 35 Hours per week
£29,000 per annum
Housing 21 is a leading national provider of retirement housing and care services for people aged 65 and above. We deliver affordable, contemporary, person-centred care and housing that meets individual needs, improves wellbeing, and promotes independent living.
We are a not-for-profit organisation that operates in over 150 local authority areas, managing around 19,000 Retirement and Extra Care apartments and providing over 80,000 hours of care each week to more than 31,000 customers.
You will be a part of the technical team and will provide professional property inspection and technical services to the Oldham team. You will ensure that efficient, value for money and high-quality responsive maintenance services are delivered to residents.
Main responsibilities of the job include:
• Work as part of a team to ensure that responsive repairs services are delivered effectively and that contractors work according to contractual standards.
• Advises on priorities and costs for repairs, maintenance and lifecycle programmes and so contributes to the development and delivering of the asset management planning process.
• Carries out property inspections including health and safety inspections; stock condition surveys; EPC surveys; in progress and post-inspection of works.
• Liaise with Court Managers, the Property Services Team, Contractors and Customers to ensure necessary repair, cyclical maintenance or replacement works identified are ordered and completed within agreed and contractual timescales.
The successful candidate will have:
• A Background in a construction related discipline.
• Experience within an equivalent maintenance related organisation, Housing Association or Local Authority etc.
• Detailed knowledge of building problems defects and remedies.
• Preparing documentation, reporting on property defects.
• Knowledge of health and safety legislation and best practice.
• HNC or equivalent construction related qualification.
In return we will offer:
• Induction pathway and training
• Career progression
• 35 hours full time equivalent working week
• 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
• Pension scheme
• Income protection
• Life Cover
• Salary Sacrifice Schemes – Childcare vouchers, Cycle to work, holiday purchase and Car leasing scheme
Closing Date: 21st December