Day Centre Support Worker
|Salary:||£9.80 Per Hour|
|Location:||Harvest Court Day Centre|
|Job Type:||Zero Hour Contract|
|Vacancy Group:||Extra Care Operations|
|Category:||Front-Line Operations – Care|
Day Care Support Worker
Location: Harvest Court, Harvest Lane, WIRRAL - CH46 7UU
Zero Hour Contract
£9.80 per hour
Do you love going the extra mile for people to make them feel valued and respected?
Housing 21 is a leading national provider of retirement housing and care services for older people. We deliver affordable, contemporary housing, alongside person-centred care that meets individual needs, improves wellbeing and promotes independent living.
We are a not-for-profit organisation and operate in over 150 local authority areas-managing around 19,000 Retirement and Extra Care apartments. We are the largest provide of Extra Care and provide over 40,000 hours of care each week across over 120 Extra Care services.
What the role involves:
• Contribute to all aspect of the day-to-day operation of the day centre, including service provision and development and ensures that the service operates to agreed quality standards and within allocated budgets.
• Operate as a member of the whole Day Service team, being based at one centre but willing to cover other sites.
• Communicate with the Day Centre Co-ordinator/Housing Manager regarding all aspects of the service provision and assists in problem solving.
• Assist the senior staff to carry out initial assessment and subsequent reviews of service user outcomes and monitoring of health and social circumstances by working as Co-Key Worker.
• Undertake cleaning tasks and activities.
• Shift Pattern: Working pattern will be, 9am-4pm, Monday to Friday
What we offer:
• Free training
• Uniform provided
• Pension scheme
• Paid annual leave
• Employee support helpline
• Career progression
• £250 Refer a Friend Scheme
• Paid Training and Shadowing with experienced Care Workers
• Ongoing Specialist Care Training
• Dedicated support from your Line Manager
• Salary Sacrifice Scheme – Cycle to work
• Car Leasing Scheme
What you need:
• To be kind and friendly
• Good written and verbal English communication skills
• Commitment to undertake necessary further training
• A friendly and caring approach
• A genuine desire to help people
• Reliability and flexibility
• The ability to use your initiative
• Ability to remain calm under pressure
Is this person you? Then we are excited to hear from you!
AN OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT WILL BE SUBJECT TO THE SATISFACTORY COMPLETION OF AN ENHANCED DISCLOSURE CHECK, SATISFACTORY REFERENCES, AND INDUCTION TRAINING.
Closing Date: 22nd October 2021