|Salary:||£9.80 per hour|
|Job Type:||Part Time Permanent|
|Vacancy Group:||Extra Care Operations|
|Category:||Front-Line Operations – Care|
Hours: 20/ 25 hours
Location: The Water Mill, Goscote Lane, Goscote, Walsall, WS3 1SJ
Hourly rate: £9.80 per hour
Closing date: 10th October 2021
Are you looking for a role where no two days are the same?
Do you love going the extra mile for people to make them feel valued and respected?
Our Care Workers have described being a ‘friend’, a ‘helping hand’ and even ‘the best tea maker’ at work! Today, what will you be?
With a CQC rating of Outstanding, the Water Mill is a specialist care home supporting vulnerable older people with a diagnosis of Dementia.
What the role of Care Worker involves:
• Assisting residents with personal care needs where necessary and appropriate e.g., getting up in the morning, washing/bathing and dressing; helping with undressing and getting into bed in the evening.
• Supporting with eating and drinking and ensuring levels of fluid and dietary intake are monitored.
• Encouraging and enabling residents to follow agreed person-centred care plans.
• To provide interaction and complete activities with residents throughout the day
• Provide support to residents in regards to administering medication
• Keeping care managers, the service and key agencies informed about the wellbeing of residents and the progress of the care being undertaken.
• Shift Pattern: working on a rolling rota including weekends, bank holiday and Christmas, between the hours of 7.30am till 10pm.
What you need:
• No experience is necessary however a positive, can do attitude and a willingness to learn is a must
• To be kind and friendly
• Good written and verbal English communication skills
• Commitment to undertake necessary further training
• A friendly and caring approach
• A genuine desire to help people
• Reliability and flexibility
• The ability to use your initiative
• Ability to remain calm under pressure
• In line with Government legislation, all employees must have received both Covid 19 Vaccinations in order to work within the care setting
Whilst you will need to be vaccinated, we are happy to take applications from those who are yet to be vaccinated but are willing to be fully vaccinated prior to starting employment.
What you will get in return:
• An hourly rate of at least 10% above the National Living Wage
• Paid annual leave
• Paid training and shadowing with experienced Care Workers
• Ongoing Specialist Care Training
• Career progression
• Dedicated support from your Line Manager
• Uniform provided
• Pension scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Scheme – Cycle to work
• Car Leasing Scheme
Housing 21 is passionate about people and committed to investing in employees to help them to be the best they can be. We hold the Investors in People Platinum standard and there has never been a better time to join us as the organisation continues to make a positive difference to society, through the provision of quality housing and care for older people of modest means.
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS ARE SUBJECT TO A FULL ENHANCED DBS CHECK - COST WILL BE MET BY THE APPLICANT AND WILL BE REIMBURSED AFTER SIX MONTHS OF CONTINUOUS EMPLOYMENT.
An offer of employment will be subject to the satisfactory completion of an enhanced disclosure check, satisfactory references, and induction training.