Control Room Operative
|Salary:||£13.44 / hour|
|Location:||Bedfont Lakes, Feltham|
|Vacancy Group:||Operational Security|
Monitoring, controlling and operating CCTV cameras in a modern, global alarm response centre.
As a Control Room Operative, you will be responsible for the pro-active and reactive monitoring and control of ‘Type 1 Life and Safety’ alarms in a Corporate Security Centre (CSC). A natural team-worker, you’ll work closely with shift supervisors and other security teams to deliver client requirements.
Working to service levels and performance targets, you will monitor and supervise incident alerts and response platforms, managing the team e-mail box and responding to enquiries & requests. You’ll also conduct scheduled activities and audits on products including duress alarms, camera checks and detection devices. You will also provide ‘real time’ control centre support to front-line security staff and local response units.
With good organisational skills, you will be responsible for collating and reporting on security related intelligence in order to safeguard colleagues and customers across the region, liaising with emergency services as necessary.
The response centre operates 24/7 and as a member of a small team you will need to be reliable and flexible to support your colleagues as required. Normal working hours are a 4-on / 4-off shift pattern, working both days and nights.
To succeed in this role you will also need:
• Experience as a security alarm monitoring operator in a busy multi-functional control room – either in a corporate or customer services environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A methodical, structured approach to incident escalation, management and reporting
• The ability to deliver succinct and clear verbal and written reports
• Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
• A professional appearance and demeanour
• The ability to work calmly and logically under pressure whilst dealing with multiple issues
• Competent IT skills – including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, and web
• Willingness to undertake development training
The following would also be useful:
• Experience of Lenel Alarm Monitoring Software
• Ability to speak a second language, preferably from the region covered (Europe, Middle East and Africa)
Applicants with experience in the emergency services and/or Police are welcome.
Established in 1987, ICTS specialises in the provision of integrated security and customer services within the most demanding environments. ICTS works with major public attractions, leisure, financial, retail, public sector, transport and government bodies. We take our commitment to principles of fairness and mutual respect for people of all faiths and cultures seriously and we expect our employees to do the same.
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Can you provide original evidence of your right to work within the UK?
- Do you hold a valid SIA Public Space Surveillance (PSS) (CCTV) licence?