|Salary:||£9.00 / hour|
|Region:||North West England|
|Vacancy Group:||Operational Security|
Monitoring, controlling and operating CCTV cameras in an Alarm Receiving Centre.
As a CCTV Operator you will be responsible for the pro-active and reactive monitoring and control of cameras and the operation of video recording equipment. You’ll work closely with the site security officers, ensuring the security and safety of premises, customers and colleagues. You will also be responsible for:
• Producing and analysing data from software systems
• Responding to requests and queries from colleagues and clients
• Maintaining records using computer- and paper-based systems
• Providing an effective data management system, including the security of stored data and the proper use of camera monitoring equipment and playback facilities
• Reviewing CCTV video material to ensure that the material is of evidential standard
• Directing a security response to alarm systems
• Dealing with emergency situations including liaison with relevant authorities
• Providing statements for use in legal action
• Incident and fault reporting
• Service calls to dispatch engineers to customer locations
The offices are open 24/7 and as a member of a small team you will need to be reliable and flexible to support your colleagues as required. Hours of work are usually 12 hours, on a 4 shifts on and 4 shifts off pattern including days and nights.
An SIA Public Space Surveillance (PSS) (CCTV) license is essential, and to succeed in this role you will also need:
• Excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills
• Previous experience in the use of monitoring platforms such as Immix Cloud, Sentinel and EMS
• The ability to work calmly under pressure whilst dealing with multiple issues
• Strong computer literacy and experience in data systems and MS Excel and Word
• Exemplary customer service skills
• Strong self-motivation and the ability to work unsupervised
• Five years’ checkable history and references
• To pass a criminal records check (CRC) to the required standards
The following would also be useful, but are not essential:
• SIA Door Supervision (DS) Licence
• First aid at work qualification
Full training, uniform, health and safety equipment are provided.
Advanced Signal Monitoring Limited is a privately owned fully independent Alarm Monitoring Centre. ASM is a subsidiary of ICTS (UK) Ltd.
ASM's management team has over 80 years of combined alarm monitoring experience. ASM provides the highest level of 24-hour secure alarm monitoring services to client sites worldwide from our industry leading ARC.
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Do you hold a valid SIA Public Space Surveillance (PSS) (CCTV) licence?
- Can you provide original evidence of your right to work within the UK?