HR Business Partner
|Location:||National Remit - home-based|
|Vacancy Group:||HR & Payroll|
We now have an opportunity for an additional HR Business Partner to join our team. This is a new role created to grow and develop the activity currently undertaken by the HR team. You'll be directly responsible for ensuring that systems, processes and practices relating to HR activities are implemented, maintained and developed in accordance with relevant best practice, policy and legislation to support the needs of our managers and employees.
You will support the HR Business Partner by providing an effective, professional and commercially focussed HR service to support various initiatives to achieve/exceed growth and profit targets of the business.
KEY TASK AREAS / RESPONSIBILITIES
• Build and develop strong relationships with all stakeholders including; HR, Operational Management and Senior Leadership teams to regularly engage with them on service delivery.
• Drive HR productivity to maximise performance whilst ensuring standards are adhered to through a culture of continuous improvement
• Proactively contribute to the development of future legal and operational requirements, policies, working practices and procedures and to maintain a working knowledge of current legislation and policy at national and local levels.
• Utilise key HR Management information to develop strategic initiatives that support the wider business and functional strategy
• Help build effective project plans associated with the activities required from each area of the business to deliver the HR Strategy/People plan including Performance Management, Talent & Succession, Employee Engagement, Learning & Development and Coaching & Mentoring.
• Carry a degree of responsibility in respect to ‘financial’ exposure to the business to identify and coordinate mitigating activity; for example (but not limited to) long term and short-term sickness absence, suspension, turnover and retention. Ensuring that activities are tracked and all risks are logged and actively managed.
• Provide HR advice and guidance to managers to enable compliance in all areas of employment policy and legislation
• Ensure best practice is adhered to at all times, which is sound and commercially viable
• Produce key HR Metrics through a Management Information reporting system
• Support the implementation of HR initiatives by providing support, guidance and coaching to Operational Management teams on all matters relating to Performance Management, Employee Engagement, Talent & Succession and Performance Management
• Provide advice and guidance on TUPE Transfers and restructuring
• Identify and communicate as appropriate, areas of concern relating to HR issues
• Develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external customers
• Provide ER related training to managers and support on ER cases as and when required
• Undertake HR related projects and assignments as may be required
• To carry out any other duties required by the business within the scope of the role
• Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills to be able to deal confidently and effectively with people at all levels across the organisation
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to identify improvement opportunities
• A logical and process focussed mindset
• A resilient and robust nature
• An autonomous self-starter who will take ownership for workload and projects.
• Excellent communication skills and customer service orientation.
• Ability to manage pressure and meet multiple deadlines.
• Consistently achieves effective results through people and gains commitment to support the business direction.
• IT skills to a level that will allow the post holder to proficiently operate and interrogate data to produce concise, factual and detailed high-quality reports and MI.
• Commercially and strategically minded, with the ability to adapt to the organisational needs as required
• Must be able to demonstrate an aptitude for a wide range of HR disciplines including recruitment, TUPE, training and development, diversity, employee relations and absence management and able to adapt to situations by using sound commercial and practical HR advice in a timely manner.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally.
• Ability to work under own initiative.
• Ability to quickly build both personal and functional credibility with operational managers and colleagues from other disciplines.
• Commercial awareness and application of an outsourced service environment.
• Tact, diplomacy & composure particularly when under pressure
• Proactive, customer and results focused
• Integrity and trustworthiness
• Competent level of IT skills (Excel/Power point/Word)
• A strong generalist HR knowledge of Talent, Reward, ER and Performance Management, L&D and Coaching & Mentoring with the capability to challenge and interpret policies and procedures
• Excellent knowledge of Employment Law
• Knowledge of the multi service contracts market
• Knowledge and experience of HR best practice models and techniques
• Demonstrable understanding and resolution to reduce staff turnover/retention within the business
• Experience of developing and implementing complex projects with multiple stakeholders
Established in 1987, ICTS specialises in the provision of integrated security and customer services within the most demanding environments. ICTS works with major public attractions, leisure, financial, retail, public sector, transport and government bodies. We take our commitment to principles of fairness and mutual respect for people of all faiths and cultures seriously and we expect our employees to do the same.
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Can you provide original evidence of your right to work within the UK?