Corporate Security Officer - Relief
|Salary:||£10.85 / hour|
|Vacancy Group:||Operational Security|
Ensuring the security and safety of premises and people at a large, busy hospital.
A brilliant opportunity for a dedicated Security Officer to work at Croydon University Hospital (formally Mayday Hospital) and, occasionally, Purley War Memorial Hospital, whilst being supported to develop your skills to grow as an outstanding professional. Success in this role could also give you opportunities to work on other local sites where ICTS provide services.
This is a hands-on role in a small security operations team, and you will carry out a range of duties including:
• Patrolling the buildings, car parks and grounds to deter and detect problems
• Attending and managing frequent emergencies, particularly conflict management and physical intervention
• Working closely with client representatives, patients, visitors and colleagues to resolve queries and ensure a positive experience for all customers.
• Managing access control - for employees, visitors, patients and contractors
• Identifying and reporting Health & Safety issues and carrying out first aid if necessary
• Maintaining records including incident reports and daily occurrence logs using computer- and paper-based systems
• Investigating and writing detailed reports on incidents, liaising with police and other third parties as necessary
Normal hours of work are Monday – Sunday, 4-on / 4-off, working 12-hour shifts covering days and nights on a rolling rota. When covering the Purley site, you will work an eight-hour split shift covering Monday – Friday.
An SIA Door Supervision (DS) or Security Guarding (SG) license is essential, and to succeed in this role you will also need:
• Excellent customer service, communication and organisational skills
• The ability to remain calm, professional and presentable under pressure
• Experience of responding quickly, calmly and effectively violent situations and emergencies.
• Strong customer-focus ideally gained in a similar environment.
• Good computer literacy (MS Office) and report writing skills are essential
• Five years’ checkable history and references – to pass vetting in line with industry standards.
• To pass a criminal records check (CRC) to the required standards
Full training (including control and restraint), uniform and health and safety equipment (PPE) will be provided.
Established in 1987, ICTS specialises in the provision of integrated security and customer services within the most demanding environments. We take our commitment to principles of fairness and mutual respect for people of all faiths and cultures seriously and we expect our employees to do the same.
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Do you have a valid Door Supervisor (DS) or Security Guarding (SG) SIA licence?
- Can you provide original evidence of your right to work within the UK?