Security Officer - Relief
|Salary:||Up to £9.90 / Hour|
|Region:||South West England|
|Vacancy Group:||Operational Security|
Providing front-line customer service, reception and security support to customers, visitors and colleagues on one of our busiest logistics contracts. Due to the nature of some of the tasks an SIA licence is required.
Working in a modern, fast-paced fulfilment centre, you will carry out a range of duties including:
• Managing access control for employees, visitors and contractors – issuing keys, badges, etc.
• Patrolling the site on foot to gather data on activities and detect stock loss
• Conducting bag and body searches using hand-held metal detectors
• Screening people using walk-through scanners
• Investigating and dealing professionally with incidents
• Responding to customer requests and queries
• Maintaining records using computer- and paper-based systems
• Monitoring CCTV and alarm systems
At ICTS we seek to identify the most promising individuals, and provide the resources and opportunities needed to maximise individual potential. In return, we expect you to:
• Maintain Client and ICTS quality control standards and company procedures
• Ensure the safety of staff, visitors and property
• Act within the Company authorities and procedures at set out
• Promote ICTS and the client in a positive manner
• Undertake any other reasonable functions as required by the client
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
The role requires good IT and keyboard skills, report writing, reception and visitor management. To succeed you will also need:
• The ability to think on your feet in a dynamic, results-driven environment.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Good organisational and administration skills
• An excellent command of spoken and written English – other languages an advantage
• Computer literacy - e.g., MSWord, Excel and bespoke mobile platforms
• Previous security experience would be an advantage
• Flexible team-working skills, with the ability to communicate with the client, managers and colleagues
If successful, you will be required to provide full details of your most recent five-year history in order to pass vetting. You will also need to provide original documents to confirm your right to work, NI number and address.
The distribution centre operates 24/7 and as a member of a small team you will need to be reliable and flexible to support your colleagues as required. Hours of work and shift patterns may vary and will include days and nights.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
• Full uniform and PPE
• Flexible hours
• Full Training and progression
• Personal Pension Scheme
• Health Insurance Scheme
• Discount shopping platform
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Cycle to Work Scheme
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Do you have a valid Door Supervisor (DS) or Security Guarding (SG) SIA licence?
- Can you provide original evidence of your right to work within the UK?