Hospital Security Officer
|Salary:||£11.05 / hour|
|Vacancy Group:||Operational Security|
Ensuring the safety and security of people and premises at a large, busy Hospital.
Working in a small security operations team, you will carry out a range of duties including:
• Patrolling the buildings to deter and detect problems.
• Attending and managing emergencies, including fire evacuation, conflict management and physical intervention.
• Working closely with client representatives, customers and colleagues to resolve queries.
• Managing access control - for employees, visitors, patients and contractors.
• Identifying and reporting Health & Safety issues and carrying out first aid if necessary.
• Maintaining records including incident reports and daily occurrence logs using computer based systems.
• Investigating and writing detailed reports on incidents, liaising with police and other third parties as necessary.
Normal working hours Monday – Sunday: 4-on / 4-off, 12-hour shifts, days and nights, on a rolling rota. There is potential for additional overtime.
There is a further external site that requires cover, Monday - Friday on an 8 hour shift pattern. The successful candidate may be required to work at this location intermitently.
An SIA Door Supervision (DS) or Security Guarding (SG) license is essential, and to succeed in this role you will also need:
• Excellent customer service, communication and organisational skills.
• The ability to remain calm and professional under pressure.
• The ability to be dynamic and interact with the public.
• Experience in a customer-facing role, ideally in security.
• 5 year checkable background
• Document to prove eligibility to work within the UK, if applicable
• Excellent command of English – both oral and written
• SIA license - Door Supervisor or Close Protection required
• Previous experience in hospital security or similar
• SIA CCTV Licence Is not essential but would be beneficial
Full training, uniform and health and safety equipment are provided.
Established in 1987, ICTS specialises in the provision of integrated security and customer services within the most demanding environments. We take our commitment to principles of fairness and mutual respect for people of all faiths and cultures seriously and we expect our employees to do the same.
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Can you provide original evidence of your right to work within the UK?
- Do you hold a current SIA Door Supervisor (DS) Licence?