|Region:||South East England|
|Vacancy Group:||Operational Security|
Reports to Station Manager
Days / shifts Shifts
Location / travel Southampton
Responsible for the supervision and line management of a Security Officer team and the supervision of the daily security operation by maintaining security compliance and achieving the highest levels of customer service.
• Lead the security teams to ensure all staff are focussed on delivering excellent customer service whilst maintaining security standards and achieving departmental KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators)
• To ensure that departmental Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) actions and recommendations are implemented and adhered to.
• Through effective planning, deploy resources on a daily basis to ensure operational demands are met whilst ensuring breaks and overtime comply with the working time directive.
• Lead regular team briefings covering key business and department information, and ensure that staff have read and understood security notices, instructions and memos.
• Responsible for the motivation, development and performance of security officers through coaching, monitoring, return to work interviews, disciplinary procedures and the performance development process.
• Accurate reporting of the daily security operation to the Station Manager and senior airport management teams through use of computer based analysis tools and spread-sheets.
• To participate in projects and working groups and to carry out any other duties that may be outside the standard remit for purposes of personal development or as may be reasonably required by the company.
Qualifications and experience
• Essential - experience in a customer facing role.
• Desirable – Security Level 2 qualification
• Essential - an understanding of aviation security and the airport operation.
• Essential - an understanding of relevant company procedures.
• Essential - good written skills
• Essential - excellent communication and influencing skills.
• Health and Safety awareness.
• Good standard of education and PC literate
Framework and boundaries
Focus on Customers
Anticipates customer requirements and delivers the best possible customer experience, every time.
Drives self and others to deliver excellence. Makes sure that nothing gets in the way of doing the things we should do.
Contributes effectively to SIAL’s business success.
Lead by Example
Displays positive business behaviour, takes accountability for actions, encourages and empowers others to deliver. Is visible and in touch.
Builds and maintains open and collaborative relationships. Considers the impact that actions and decisions have on others
Finds ways of doing things better every day. Makes the improvements stick.
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Can you provide original evidence of your right to work within the UK?