Corporate Security Officer
|Salary:||£12.00 / hour|
|Location:||Welwyn Garden City|
|Region:||South East England|
|Vacancy Group:||Operational Security|
Ensuring the security and safety of premises and people at a prestigious client site.
An established, professional company, ICTS employs over 4,000 people in the UK and provides corporate security solutions throughout Europe.
As an experienced Security Officer, keen to progress and with exceptional customer-focus and communication skills, you will carry out a range of duties including:
• Managing building access control for employees, visitors and contractors
• Patrolling the buildings and grounds to deter and detect problems
• Responding to customer requests and queries
• Checking and challenging ID passes with a professional and friendly approach
• Fire, security and building systems monitoring
• Identifying and reporting Health & Safety issues and carrying out first aid if necessary
• Maintaining records including incident reports using computer and paper-based systems
Hours of work may vary but shift patterns are normally 12 hours duration working a rota of 4-on / 4-off, covering Monday – Sunday including days and nights.
However, as part of a small team you will need to be reliable and flexible to support your colleagues.
An SIA Door Supervision (DS) or Security Guarding (SG) license is essential, and to succeed in this role you will also need:
• Previous experience as a security officer, working within a corporate environment
• Strong customer service, team working and collaboration skills
• The ability to remain calm and professional under pressure
• Willingness and ability to undertake training and career development activities
• Good IT and administration skills including MS Outlook, Word & Excel
• Professional appearance and demeanour
• Five years’ checkable history and ability to pass a criminal records check (CRC) to the required standards
• A First Aid at Work qualification – desirable
Full training, uniform and health and safety equipment are provided, and you will also have access to:
• Personal Pension Scheme
• Health Insurance Scheme
• Discount shopping platform
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Cycle to Work Scheme
Established in 1987, ICTS specialises in the provision of integrated security and customer services within the most demanding environments. ICTS works with major public attractions, leisure, financial, retail, public sector, transport and government bodies. We take our commitment to principles of fairness and mutual respect for people of all faiths and cultures seriously and we expect our employees to do the same.
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Can you provide original evidence of your right to work within the UK?
- Do you have a valid Door Supervisor (DS) or Security Guarding (SG) SIA licence?