Main Purpose of the Role:
The Operations Manager is responsible and accountable for the daily operation of ICTS (Ireland) Ltd at Dublin Airport. Additionally, this role oversees and coordinates operational performance including, but not limited to, safety, security, customer service delivery and other key performance indicators.
Key Duties and Responsibilities (this list is not exhaustive):
As Manager, you will serve as an operational liaison between ICTS and our business partners.
You will monitor for at-risk behaviours through daily safety observations and provide coaching, training, and corrective action as needed in order to maintain, improve and surpass Customer and Company safety and quality standards.
You will ensure distinctive customer service is delivered by demonstrating a high level of customer focus and sensitivity. You will be responsible for being a key communicator of timely and accurate information and be required to set performance standards and ensure employee accountability.
You will provide support, guidance, coaching and motivation based on individual needs and be a champion, leading others through change.
You will measure and analyse employee performance through the use of performance management tools, available customer service and operational metrics, job shadowing and direct observation.
You will manage and control all staff assignments.
You will take ownership for creating a progressive open just culture and be a strong advocate of employee recognition.
You will be knowledgeable regarding AVSEC regulations, Standard Operating Procedures etc.
Skills and Experience:
• Strong customer service skills
• Previous leadership experience, including direct reports
• Flexibility to manage an operation (varying shifts, extended hours, and "on call" requirements)
• Strong written and verbal communication, including platform/presentation skills
• Ability to coach and deliver feedback for developmental purposes
• Must be approachable and have interpersonal skills that foster trust and respect
• Experience managing conflict and resolving problems effectively
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to delegate responsibility to direct reports
• Must be able to balance multiple priorities within established time constraints
• Proficient in MS Office applications
• Must be performing satisfactorily in current position (internal applicants only)
• Demonstrates expertise in AVSEC regulations
To apply for this position, please forward a cover letter and CV to the attention of Fiona McElroy - Regional Manager Ireland on email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 23rd September 2022
Please note: The position is subject to a probationary period of 6 months. This may be extended should the candidate’s performance not meet the required standards.
We take our commitment to principles of fairness and mutual respect for people of all faith and cultures seriously and we expect our employees to do so as well. We take firm action where any concerns are raised both internally and by our clients, customers and members of the public.
ICTS is an equal opportunities employer.