Female Security Officer
|Salary:||£9.15 / hour|
|Vacancy Group:||Operational Security|
Ensuring the safety and security of warehouse stock, premises and colleagues for the world's leading on-line retailer.
Working in a modern, fast-paced fulfilment centre, you will carry out a range of duties including:
• Managing access control for employees, visitors and contractors
• Responding to customer requests and queries
• Maintaining records using computer- and paper-based systems
• Conducting bag and body searches using hand-held metal detectors
• Screening people using walk-through scanners
• Dealing professionally with incidents including positive searches
The distribution centre operates 24/7 and as a member of a small team you will need to be reliable and flexible to support your colleagues as required. Hours of work and shift patterns vary and will include days and nights.
An SIA Door Supervision (DS) or Security Guarding (SG) license is essential, and to succeed in this role you will also need:
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• The ability to remain calm and professional under pressure
• Experience in a customer-facing role, ideally in security
• Five years’ checkable history and references
• To pass a criminal records check (CRC) to the required standards
The following would also be useful, but are not essential:
• SIA Public Space Surveillance (PSS) (CCTV) licence
• First Aid qualification
• Experience in a similar role
Please note: there is an occupational requirement for female officers due to the need to search female staff and visitors entering and leaving the warehouse.
Full training, uniform, health and safety equipment (PPE), on-site refreshments and free car-parking are provided.
Established in 1987, ICTS specialises in the provision of integrated security and customer services within the most demanding environments. ICTS works with major public attractions, leisure, financial, retail, public sector, transport and government bodies. We take our commitment to principles of fairness and mutual respect for people of all faiths and cultures seriously and we expect our employees to do the same.
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Do you have a valid Door Supervisor (DS) or Security Guarding (SG) SIA licence?
- Can you provide original evidence of your right to work within the UK?