Explosive Detection Dog Handler
|Salary:||£13.50 / hour plus benefits|
|Location:||National Remit - based London/SE|
|Region:||South East England|
|Vacancy Group:||Dog Handling|
Working with specialist dogs to provide explosive detection capability, a high-profile deterrent and public reassurance in varied environments and providing an explosive screening capability to clients.
Hourly Rate Starting at £13.50 Per Hour. On completion of training and successful CTC vetting Hourly Rate will increase to £14.71.
An experienced security professional, you will respond to requests for dog and handler searches, carry out high-profile, pro-active canine patrols, provide specialist advice where appropriate and promote security procedures. You will work closely with our clients to ensure service provision meets targets, completing deployment reports and communicating any issues to your manager. You will also identify any security risks and report these to the client.
This role will involve working at client sites across the UK, predominantly in London and the South East. You will be expected to travel and respond to call-outs as required. A company vehicle is provided.
With the facilities and ability to kennel two dogs at your home address, you will be responsible for their care and control, including off duty care and housing. You will ensure the provision of the dogs’ feeding, grooming, medical and welfare needs in compliance with animal welfare legislation. You will also be responsible for transporting yourself and your dogs to deployments, supervising and controlling the dogs in compliance with legislation, and the evaluation and reporting of your dogs’ performance. Dogs and kennels are provided.
An SIA Door Supervisor (DS) licence is essential, and to succeed in this role you will also need:
• Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
• Full UK driving Licence (no more than 6 points)
• Willingness and ability to travel as required to sites across the UK
• Five years checkable history
• Ability to pass required criminality checks
• Right to work in the UK
• Have the ability to house and care for two dogs at home
• Previous experience as a dog handler
• Level 4 HABC Explosive Detection Dog Handler
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Do you hold a current SIA Door Supervisor (DS) Licence?
- Do you have the ability to kennel two dogs at your residence?
- Do you have a current, valid driving licence?
- Can you provide original evidence of your right to work within the UK?