Dog Handler - Free Running Explosive Detection Dogs (FREDDs)
|Salary:||£13.50 / hour plus benefits|
|Location:||National Remit - based London/SE|
|Region:||South East England|
|Vacancy Group:||Dog Handling|
Working with specialist free-running explosive detection dogs (FREDDs) to screen cargo and provide explosive detection capability in busy, operational airline warehouses.
An experienced security professional, you will respond to requests for dog and handler searches, screening airline cargo to CAA standards and carrying out high-profile, pro-active canine patrols. You will also promote the use of specialist search dogs and awareness of their capabilities, providing specialist security advice where appropriate. You will work closely with our clients to ensure service provision meets targets, completing deployment reports and communicating any issues to your manager. You will also identify any security risks, report these to the client and provide relevant documentation to satisfy regulators.
With the facilities and ability to kennel two dogs at your home address, you will be responsible for their care and control, including off duty care and housing. You will ensure the provision of the dogs’ feeding, grooming, medical and welfare needs in compliance with animal welfare legislation. You will also be responsible for transporting yourself and your dogs to deployments, supervising and controlling the dogs in compliance with legislation, and the evaluation and reporting of your dogs’ performance. Dogs and kennels are provided.
Significant experience of working with dogs in a public-facing, operational environment is essential and to succeed in this role you will also need:
• SIA Door Supervisor (DS) licence - desirable
• Experience in security industry and/or specialist explosive search dog work – desirable
• Qualification as an Explosive Search Dog Handler to NPCC, HABC Level 3, or military equivalent - desirable
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - both verbal and written
• Self-discipline - able to work without supervision
• Ability to work under pressure and conditions of uncertainty
• Ability to prioritise work, observe timetables and meet deadlines
• Attention to detail and ability to analyse data
• Full UK driving Licence
• Willingness and ability to travel as required to sites across the UK
• Five years checkable history
• Ability to pass required criminality checks
• Right to work in the UK
This role will involve working at client sites across the UK, predominantly in London and the South East. You will be expected to work travel and respond to call-outs as required. A company vehicle is provided.
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Can you provide original evidence of your right to work within the UK?
- Do you have a valid driving licence?