Corporate Security Officer
|Salary:||£10.85 / hour|
|Location:||City of Westminster College Maida Vale|
Ensuring the security and safety of premises and people at a modern higher education college site.
An experienced security officer, you will carry out a range of duties including:
• Managing access control for buildings and car-parks - for employees, visitors, students and contractors
• Patrolling the buildings, car parks and grounds to deter and detect problems
• Checking ID passes with a professional and friendly approach, and challenging any unauthorised access
• Identifying and reporting Health & Safety issues and carrying out first aid if necessary.
• Responding to customer requests and queries
• Maintaining records including incident reports, key logs, cleaner logs and daily occurrence logs using computer- and paper-based systems.
The shifts are usually on a 5-on / 2-off shift pattern, covering days and nights. However, as a member of a small team you will need to be reliable and flexible to support your colleagues.
An SIA Door Supervision (DS) or Security Guarding (SG) license is essential, and to succeed in this role you will also need:
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• The ability to remain calm and professional under pressure
• Experience in a customer-facing role, ideally in security
• Five years’ checkable history and references
• To pass the Enhanced criminal records check to the required standards.
• First Aid qualification
The following would also be useful, but are not essential:
• SIA Public Space Surveillance (PSS) (CCTV) licence
• Experience in a similar role
Established in 1987, ICTS specialises in the provision of integrated security and customer services within the most demanding environments. ICTS works with major public attractions, leisure, financial, retail, public sector, transport and government bodies. We take our commitment to principles of fairness and mutual respect for people of all faiths and cultures seriously and we expect our employees to do the same.
All Managerial positions and Promotions are subject to a probationary period of 6 months.
Please Note: The probationary period can be extended should the candidate’s performance not meet the standard.
Interested parties should apply via www.icts.co.uk or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
ICTS is an equal opportunities employer
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Do you have a valid Door Supervisor (DS) or Security Guarding (SG) SIA licence?
- Can you provide original evidence of your right to work within the UK?