College Security Officer
|Salary:||£9.32 / hour|
|Vacancy Group:||Operational Security|
Ensuring the security and safety of premises and people at a busy client site.
Working at a large, modern higher education college, you will carry out a range of duties including:
• Managing access control for buildings and car-parks - for employees, visitors, students and contractors
• Patrolling the buildings, car parks and grounds to deter and detect problems
• Checking ID passes with a professional and friendly approach, and challenging any unauthorised access
• De-activating and activating alarms, and unlocking and locking buildings, rooms, external barriers and gates to ensure that no unauthorised personnel or hazards are on site.
• Monitoring, operating and testing CCTV installation as required.
• Identifying and reporting Health & Safety issues and carrying out first aid if necessary.
• Responding to customer requests and queries
• Maintaining records including incident reports, key logs, cleaner logs and daily occurrence logs using computer- and paper-based systems.
The shifts are normally between 9 and 12 hours duration covering days, Monday – Friday on a 5 days on 2 days off pattern. However, as part ofa small team you will need to be reliable and flexible to support your colleagues.
Please note, successful candidates will be required to work across four sites in the local area and holiday leave will only be granted during non-term time.
An SIA Door Supervision (DS) or Security Guarding (SG) license is essential, and to succeed in this role you will also need:
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• The ability to remain calm and professional under pressure
• Experience in a customer-facing role, ideally in security
• Five years’ checkable history and references
• To pass a criminal records check (CRC) to the required standards.
The following would also be useful, but are not essential:
• SIA Public Space Surveillance (PSS) (CCTV) licence
• First Aid qualification
• Experience in a similar role
Full training, uniform and health and safety equipment (PPE) are provided.
Established in 1987, ICTS specialises in the provision of integrated security and customer services within the most demanding environments. ICTS works with major public attractions, leisure, financial, retail, public sector, transport and government bodies. We take our commitment to principles of fairness and mutual respect for people of all faiths and cultures seriously and we expect our employees to do the same.
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Do you have a valid Door Supervisor (DS) or Security Guarding (SG) SIA licence?
- Can you provide original evidence of your right to work within the UK?