Business Operations Administrator / Coordinator
|Salary:||£33,000 / year|
|Location:||Bedfont Lakes, Feltham|
Working within the Corporate Security Strategy & Planning Team, the role is responsible for providing day to day administrative support and coordination to ensure the effective delivery of the department business portfolio, projects, internal communications, and training.
The role involves collaboration across all Corporate Security Business Units and Strategic Partners globally, based across multiple time zones, with interaction at all grade levels.
The role is varied across responsibilities and will include;
• Organising, scheduling, and supporting delivery of Corporate Security (CS) department meetings and forums as part of the business portfolio management framework
This includes administrative support such as sending out meeting invitations, taking meeting minutes (including action items) and compiling reports on project activity and progress during monthly and quarterly meetings
• Coordination, development, and maintenance of various internal CS communications to ensure effective information sharing across the team (platforms and mediums include newsletters, instant messaging, internal information hub based on SharePoint)
• Collation of information, administration and development of a department skills and training database
• Organising and scheduling internal and external training and awareness sessions, delivered both virtually and in-person
• Preparing reports and presentations relating to business data, information, and analytics
ICTS is seeking an experienced Business Operations Coordinator/ Administrator for the Cisco account in Bedfont Lakes, Feltham, Middlesex. The hours of work are based on a 40 hour working week, Monday to Friday, typically 10am - 6pm. However, to support business needs and meetings across time zones, some flexibility will be required with start/ end times (up to 8pm) required on certain days across the month. Working hours/ patterns will be agreed with the reporting manager and coordinated between the successful candidate and the ICTS Account Manager.
The role is ‘hybrid’ meaning the successful candidate will work from a location that is most productive for them, this may be at home, remote or office. However, the successful candidate will need to attend the Cisco Feltham office on occasions during the month, to attend team meetings and support program delivery.
• Provide support to the Strategy & Planning Team in coordinating, scheduling and the general administration of the program, projects, activities and processes
• Producing reports on key activity and projects across the business portfolio – schedules, updates, and metrics
• Scheduling meetings, recording notes, minutes, and actions, compiling and distributing follow up reports
• Be a point of contact for general administration enquiries relating to the portfolio management platform
• Collation of information and administration of department skills and training information
• Organising, scheduling, and supporting delivery of internal and external training and awareness sessions, delivered both virtually and in-person
• Create/ develop, review, and distribute presentations, content, news articles, and departmental announcements as part of the department Communication Strategy
• Maintain and develop the department internal SharePoint information hub
• Create, develop, and distribute surveys, polls and feedback, providing follow up reporting and analytics
• Be proactive in identifying opportunities for improvement, efficiencies and develop effective solutions to identified issues
• Managing sensitive & confidential data requests such as reports and briefings
• Develop and maintain positive/ effective relationships with other functions across the business
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with critical attention to detail
• Excellent organisational, planning, and scheduling skills
• Numerate, with an ability to understand and produce basic analytical data and information
• Ability to work effectively in a virtual team environment, distributed across multiple time zones
• Creative and flexible in approach with an ability to take responsibility and manage conflicting/ shifting work priorities and multitask across activities
• Be motivated, with a drive for continuous improvement and pride in achieving the highest standards and quality of delivery
• Take ownership of issues, seek solutions
• Ability to appropriately manage confidential information
• Display strong integrity and conduct themselves in an honest, ethical, and professional manner
• Punctual, professional, and courteous in appearance, outlook, and demeanor
• Positively promote and embody Cisco culture, values, and beliefs with passion
• A willingness to take on new assignments as Client’s needs and priorities change
• Strong IT skills and practical experience of O365 packages (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Experience of MS SharePoint and Smartsheet would be an advantage
• Ability to pull information from a range of information sources to compile comprehensive executive briefings and reports
• Effective presentation skills
• An understanding of how to manage and store data appropriately and according to data protection requirements
• A Third Level Education or above
• Experience of working with an office environment and office administration procedures
• An understanding of project management, terminology / lifecycles would be beneficial
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Can you provide original evidence of your right to work within the UK?