Retail Security Officer
|Salary:||£10.00 / Hour|
|Vacancy Group:||Operational Security|
Ensuring the security and safety of customers, stock, premises and colleagues for a prestigious international retailer.
Working in a luxury retail store, you’ll be responsible for a range of duties including:
• Maintaining an active and professional presence, including patrolling the premises on foot to deter and detect stock loss
• Working closely with client representatives and operations managers
• Attending and managing emergencies, including fire evacuation, first aid, conflict management and physical intervention
• Responding to customer requests and queries
• Dealing professionally with incidents including positive bag searches
• Ensure all security documentation is up to date and completed correctly
• Investigating and writing detailed reports on incidents, including witness statements.
Hours of work are up to 50 hours/week, between Monday to Saturday 10:00 to 19:00, Sunday 11:30 to 18:00, including paid lunch break. Shift pattern is normally 4-on / 4-off but as a member of a small team you will need to be flexible to support your colleagues as required.
An SIA DoorSupervision (DS) or Security Guarding (SG) license is essential, and to succeed in this role you will also need:
• High standard of personal appearance and presentation
• Excellent team-working, organisation and interpersonal skills
• Clear and confident communication skills to interact with clients, customers and colleagues.
• The ability to remain calm and professional under pressure
• Experience in a customer-facing role, ideally in security
• Computer literacy
• Five years’ checkable history, right to work and references
• To pass a criminal records check (CRC) to the required standards
The following would also be useful, but are not essential:
• First Aid qualification
• Experience in a luxury retail security role
Full training, uniform and health and safety equipment (PPE) are provided.
Established in 1987, ICTS specialises in the provision of integrated security and customer services within the most demanding environments. ICTS works with major public attractions, leisure, financial, retail, public sector, transport and government bodies. We take our commitment to principles of fairness and mutual respect for people of all faiths and cultures seriously and we expect our employees to do the same.
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Do you have a valid Door Supervisor (DS) or Security Guarding (SG) SIA licence?
- Can you provide original evidence of your right to work within the UK?