|Salary:||£11.05 / Hour|
|Vacancy Group:||Operational Security|
Our security officers perform foot and vehicle patrols of a college campus to monitor behaviour, secure buildings and property, investigate disturbances, maintain order during events and enforce regulations. They monitor the physical safety of campus buildings by locking and unlocking doors, patrolling or monitoring using surveillance systems, and reporting suspicious behaviour.
The purpose of this position is to maintain a high standard of customer care, manage the access control procedures and policies that govern access to the premises. Ensure a safe and secure environment for all staff, visitors, contractors.
KEY TASK AREAS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist with the implementation of onsite procedures, as contained in the Security Procedures.
• Undertake all patrolling requirements effectively and report any abnormalities/findings.
• To assist with the operation of access and egress.
• You may be required to respond to fire incidents, first aid incidents, intruder incidents and alarms.
• You may be required to assist in the operation of all electrical barriers, turnstiles, roller shutters and any other electrical access requirements.
• Implement all emergency procedures relating to the site.
• Assist with reception duties when required.
• Checking that Log / Notebook entries are accurate and up to date, with particular attention to recording the lock/unlock of rooms and other premises.
• Ensure all fire exits and security doors are checked at the beginning and end of each shift, together with regular checks of doors during the shift as well as fire equipment (Fire extinguishers, fire call points).
• Compile detailed reports on any incidents and occurrences during the shift, logged them on PC and ensure full handover of the position.
• Assume responsibility for initial investigations, ensuring all communication and actions taken are recorded accurately.
• Ensure all the recurrent training are completed in timely manner and within the deadlines.
• SIA Security/Door Supervisor license
• Five years’ checkable history, right to work and references
• Ability to pass a criminal records check (CRC) to required standards.
• Problem solving skills are essential.
• Security minded, customer service focused.
• Ability to reach a pragmatic solution to a problem.
• Excellent communication skills verbal and nonverbal including radio/phone communication.
• Comprehensive IT skills (Microsoft Applications).
• Show a level of consistency, within their work and behaviour.
• The ability to self-manage.
• Able to give clear guidance and actively listen to feedback. Can relate ideas at different levels and interact successfully to provide a conduit for the successful flow of information throughout the contract.
• Able to remain positive whilst dealing with change and be open to suggestions for improvement at the individual or team level.
• Diplomatic and tactful when dealing with problems and events.
Established in 1987, ICTS specialises in the provision of integrated security and customer services within the most demanding environments. ICTS works with major public attractions, leisure, financial, retail, public sector, transport and government bodies. We take our commitment to principles of fairness and mutual respect for people of all faiths and cultures seriously and we expect our employees to do the same.
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Do you have a valid Door Supervisor (DS) or Security Guarding (SG) SIA licence?
- Can you provide original evidence of your right to work within the UK?