|Salary:||£11.05 / Hour|
|Vacancy Group:||Operational Security|
Monitoring, controlling and operating CCTV cameras in a university.
As a CCTV Operator you will be responsible for the pro-active and reactive monitoring and control of cameras and the operation of video recording equipment as well as the access control systems, you’ll work closely with the site security officers, ensuring the security and safety of premises, customers, and colleagues.
You will also be responsible for:
- Responding to requests and queries from colleagues, customers, contractors, and clients.
- Maintaining records using computer- and paper-based systems.
- Providing an effective data management system, including the security of stored data and the proper use of camera monitoring equipment and playback facilities.
- Reviewing CCTV video material to ensure that the material is of evidential standard.
- Directing a security response to alarm systems.
- Dealing with emergency situations including liaison with relevant authorities.
- Providing statements for use in legal action.
- Incident and fault reporting. Issuing keys, radios.
- Excellent communication, organisation, and interpersonal skills.
Usual hours of work are between 07:00 to 19:00, Monday-Friday; but as a member of a small team you will need to be reliable and flexible to support your colleagues.
- Excellent Written/Spoken English and good communication skills.
- Reliability and flexibility.
- The ability to work under pressure and utilising your own initiative. Energetic and target driven, Exemplary customer service skills.
- Strong self-motivation and the ability to work unsupervised.
- Five years’ checkable history and references to pass a criminal records check (CRC) to the required standards.
- Previous experience in control room environment. SIA CCTV licence as well as Door Supervisor licence.
- First aid at work qualification
Benefits: Holiday entitlement, full uniform provided (including PPE and shoes), Pension scheme, Childcare vouchers, Ongoing training and development, Accredited certificates issued on completion of training courses.
Company benefit portal providing discounts at top high street outlet, Refer a friend bonus, Employee discount, Employee Assistance Programme.
Established in 1987, ICTS specialises in the provision of integrated security and customer services within the most demanding environments. ICTS works with major public attractions, leisure, financial, retail, public sector, transport and government bodies. We take our commitment to principles of fairness and mutual respect for people of all faiths and cultures seriously and we expect our employees to do the same.
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Do you have a valid Door Supervisor (DS) or Security Guarding (SG) SIA licence?
- Can you provide original evidence of your right to work within the UK?