|Salary:||£11.05 / hour|
|Location:||City of Westminister College, Paddington|
|Vacancy Group:||Operational Security|
Ensuring the security and safety of premises and people. An established, professional company, ICTS employs over 4,000 people in the UK and provides corporate security solutions throughout Europe.
At the college, Security Officers promote lawful behaviour and protect the welfare of students, assets and staff as a uniformed presence on campus.
As a Security Officer you will be responsible for support of our security operations, covering the United Colleges Group Campuses (Paddington, Kings Cross, Willesden and Wembley Campuses).
Our security officers perform foot and vehicle patrols of a college campus to monitor behaviour, secure buildings and property, investigate disturbances, maintain order during events and enforce regulations. They monitor the physical safety of campus buildings by locking and unlocking doors, patrolling or monitoring using surveillance systems, and reporting suspicious behaviour.
KEY TASK AREAS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Access control
• Security patrols
• Incident response
• Detecting any suspicious behaviour and preventing vandalism, thefts or other criminal behaviour
• Dealing with queries / Customer service
• Report writing
• Completing daily operational paperwork
• Complying to all company/client procedures & policies
• Comply with all managerial directives
• Maintain high standards of professionalism
• Promote ICTS UK Ltd in a positive manner at all times
Usual hours of work are between 06:00 to 22:00, Monday--Friday, during Term Time; but as a member of a small team you will need to be reliable and flexible to support your colleagues.
• SIA Security/Door Supervisor license
• Ability to work night shifts
• Ability to be flexible, according to Roster
• Good customer service skills
• Provide 5 Year checkable work history
• Eligibility to work within the UK
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Maintain excellent attendance & timekeeping
• Valid Enhanced DBS clearance
• Valid First Aid Certificate
• Previous security experience
• Computer Literate
Established in 1987, ICTS specialises in the provision of integrated security and customer services within the most demanding environments. ICTS works with major public attractions, leisure, financial, retail, public sector, transport and government bodies. We take our commitment to principles of fairness and mutual respect for people of all faiths and cultures seriously and we expect our employees to do the same.
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Can you provide original evidence of your right to work within the UK?
- Do you have a valid Door Supervisor (DS) or Security Guarding (SG) SIA licence?