General Purpose Patrol Dog Handler
|Salary:||£15.00 / hour|
|Location:||Mobile Worker - East London|
|Region:||South East England|
|Vacancy Group:||Dog Handling|
General Purpose Patrol Dog Handler based in East London, conducting public reassurance patrols within an extremely busy location. Assisting ICTS clients with the reduction in antisocial behaviour and supporting a larger security detail.
An experienced security professional, you will respond to requests for dog and handler searches, carry out high-profile, pro-active canine patrols, provide specialist advice where appropriate and promote security procedures.
You will also need to respond to call outs if required. With the facilities and ability to kennel a dog at your home address, you will be responsible for the care and control of the Company dog (if required), including off duty care and housing. You will ensure the provision of their feeding, grooming, medical and welfare needs in compliance with animal welfare legislation.
You will also be responsible for transporting yourself and your dog to deployments and training, supervising, and controlling the dog in compliance with legislation and BS8517, and the evaluation and reporting of the dog’s performance. You will work closely with our clients to ensure service provision meet targets, completing deployment reports and communicating any issues to your manager.
You will also identify any security risks and report these to the client. Normal hours of work are 8 - 12hrs, covering various times of the day to support a well-established, layered security system.
An SIA Door Supervisor (DS) licence is essential, and to succeed in this role you will also need:
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
• Full UK driving Licence (no more than 6 points)
• Five years checkable history
• Ability to pass required criminality checks
• Valid Right to work in the UK
• Previous experience as a dog handler
• HABC Level 2 GP qualification: Vehicle, dogs, kennels and training are supplied, if required.
• Vehicle Allowance (if using own vehicle) £3000 pa
• Fuel Allowance (if using own vehicle) £3000 pa
ICTS works with major public attractions, leisure, financial, retail, public sector, transport and government bodies. We take our commitment to principles of fairness and mutual respect for people of all faiths and cultures seriously and we expect our employees to do the same.
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Can you provide original evidence of your right to work within the UK?