Dedicated Relief Officer
|Location:||Hayes, West London|
|Vacancy Group:||Operational Security|
ICTS are looking for reliable and technology savvy Relief Security Officers to ensure the security and safety of premises and people amongst the sites of our new Data Centre client in the Hayes area.
You’ll be required to work 12 hour shifts, and be part of a relief team that will support the ongoing operation to cover holiday and leave. You’ll need to be flexible enough respond to last minute blow outs, but in return you will be paid a minimum of 36 hours a week, even if you are not required to attend any shifts for that week! Of course, if you work over 36 hours a week, you will be paid for those hours too!
ICTS are rapidly becoming the number one Security provider for Data Centres in the UK, and are the number one payer for Data Centre Security Officers in the UK. Your wages will reflect that with a competitive wage compared to local Data Centres.
An experienced Security Officer, you will carry out a range of duties in a modern and fast paced environment, including:
• Managing access control for buildings and car-parks - for employees, visitors, and contractors.
• Patrolling the buildings, car parks, and grounds to deter and detect problems.
• Checking and challenging ID passes with a professional and friendly approach.
• De-activating and activating alarms, and unlocking and locking buildings, rooms, external barriers and gates to ensure that no unauthorised personnel or hazards are on site.
• Fire, security and building systems monitoring, including CCTV.
• Identifying and reporting Health & Safety issues and carrying out first aid if necessary.
• Responding to customer requests and queries
• Maintaining records including incident reports using computer- and paper-based systems
An SIA Door Supervision (DS) or Security Guarding (SG) license is essential, and to succeed in this role you will also need:
• Excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills
• The ability to remain calm and professional under pressure
• Experience in a customer-facing role, ideally in security
• Five years’ checkable history and references
• To pass a criminal records check (CRC) to the required standards
The following would also be useful, but are not essential:
• SIA Public Space Surveillance (PSS) (CCTV) licence
• First Aid qualification
• Experience in a similar role
Full training, uniform and health and safety equipment (PPE) are provided.
Established in 1987, ICTS specialises in the provision of integrated security and customer services within the most demanding environments. ICTS works with major public attractions, leisure, financial, retail, public sector, transport and government bodies. We take our commitment to principles of fairness and mutual respect for people of all faiths and cultures seriously and we expect our employees to do the same.
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Do you have a valid Door Supervisor (DS) or Security Guarding (SG) SIA licence?
- Can you provide original evidence of your right to work within the UK?