|Salary:||£10.02 / hour|
|Region:||South East England|
|Vacancy Group:||Operational Security|
ICTS are looking for reliable Security Officers to ensure the security and safety of premises and people for our prestigious client in central Brighton. The minimum starting wage per hour is £10.02 rising in December 2022.
You’ll be required to work a 4 on / 4 off shift pattern working 12-hour shifts, encompassing both days and nights.
An experienced Security Officer, you will carry out a range of duties.
• Managing access control for buildings and car-parks - for employees, visitors, and contractors.
• Patrolling the buildings, car parks, and perimeter to deter and detect problems.
• Checking and challenging ID passes with a professional and friendly approach.
• De-activating and activating alarms, and unlocking and locking buildings, rooms, external barriers, and gates to ensure that no unauthorised personnel or hazards are on site.
• Fire, security and building systems monitoring, including CCTV
• Identifying and reporting Health & Safety issues and carrying out first aid if necessary.
• Responding to customer requests and queries
• Maintaining records including incident reports using computer- and paper-based systems
An SIA Door Supervision (DS) or Security Guarding (SG) license is essential, and to succeed in this role you will also need:
• Excellent communication, organisation, and interpersonal skills
• The ability to remain calm and professional under pressure
• Experience in a customer-facing role, ideally in security
• Five years’ checkable history and references
• Ability to pass a Criminal Record Check (CRC)
The following would also be useful, but are not essential:
• SIA Public Space Surveillance (PSS) (CCTV) licence
• First Aid qualification
• Experience in a similar role
Full training, uniform and health and safety equipment (PPE) are provided.
Established in 1987, ICTS specialises in the provision of integrated security and customer services within the most demanding environments. ICTS works with major public attractions, leisure, financial, retail, public sector, transport, and government bodies. We take our commitment to principles of fairness and mutual respect for people of all faiths and cultures seriously and we expect our employees to do the same.
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Can you provide original evidence of your right to work within the UK?
- Do you have a valid Door Supervisor (DS) or Security Guarding (SG) SIA licence?